Task 4.1

Φωτογραφία ΕΥΑΓΓΕΛΙΑ ΠΑΛΛΑΔΑ
Ευαγγελία Παλλάδα TASK 4.1
από ΕΥΑΓΓΕΛΙΑ ΠΑΛΛΑΔΑ - Πέμπτη, 22 Οκτώβριος 2015, 3:43 πμ

Some more specific questions I could also include in the Student Interview Form are the following:

1.Do you find it difficult to access words from dictionaries?

2.Do you find it easy or difficult to order days/months?

3.Do you prefer producing language orally or putting it to paper?

4.Do you find it easy or difficult to read English aloud in class?

5.Can you easily remember instuctions given to you verbally?

6.Do you find following/giving directions easy or difficult?

7.Does your mother tongue interfere frequently with the pronunciation (accent) and spelling of new English words?

8.Do you often confuse similar sounding words eg mass/maze

9.What is your major difficulty in writing? eg putting words in the correct order (syntax), following grammar rules, subject-verb agreement, putting adjectives in the proper place etc

10.Can you follow a listening task up to the end concentrated?

11.Do you find listening for specific information easy or difficult?

12.Do you think that reading/writing takes you longer than other students?Would some extra time give you more confidence?

13.Do you find learning English a pleasant or stessful procedure?Do you use English in your everyday activities?eg computers,internet,entertainment, travelling etc

Φωτογραφία Ευαγγελία Γκαντίδου Σχολικός Σύμβουλος Καβάλας ΠΕ06
Απάντηση: Ευαγγελία Παλλάδα TASK 4.1

Thank you Evangelia,

You did very thorough work. However, please be careful as your questions might prove leading questions. You included many issues that dyslexic learners may have. Not all learners have all these issues, and not all learners have the same issues. So, in certain case it is preferavle to let the children answer firs whether they have an issue/difficulty in an area and then try to elaborate on that. Also, please consider the practicality aspect. A very long interview is time consuming in terms of transcription and data analysis.

Φωτογραφία ΕΥΑΓΓΕΛΙΑ ΠΑΛΛΑΔΑ
Απάντηση: Ευαγγελία Παλλάδα TASK 4.1
από ΕΥΑΓΓΕΛΙΑ ΠΑΛΛΑΔΑ - Πέμπτη, 22 Οκτώβριος 2015, 7:20 πμ

Thank you Lia

this is  exactly what I thought ! In the model interview I found the questions more basic and general and I suggested some more specific ones! I understand that some of them are leading ones but maybe more useful/to the point ! OK I will be careful with the interview!One of my dyslexic students this year is getting ready to take a B2 exam , so I have the context for my interview!