Task 9.1

Φωτογραφία ΑΝΑΣΤΑΣΙΑ ΕΣΙΡΠΕΟΓΛΟΥ
Αναστασία Εσιρπέογλου
από ΑΝΑΣΤΑΣΙΑ ΕΣΙΡΠΕΟΓΛΟΥ - Κυριακή, 13 Δεκέμβριος 2015, 9:36 μμ

Teaching reading to students with SpLD is challenging due to their problems with syntax and morphology, their limited vocabulary,difficulties with decoding meaning and with reading visually challenging material. The first text is inappropriate because it presents various levels of difficulties ie a high number of unfamiliar words and complex grammatical structures,it is too long and the layout is visually challenging for a student with SpLD.

The second text on the other hand is more appropriate for the students proficiency level. Vocabulary, grammar and syntax are reformulated, text layout is more student friendly, as it is organised in small paragraphs. Pictures and images are also included to help with visual representation of meaning. Therefore it is more likely that a student with SpLD would not be discouraged by such a text.

Concerning some more accommodation techniques I think I would work more with pre-reading activities to make sure my students get enough help on the word level, with multisensory tasks like drawing or acting out the meaning of new words. Also I find the idea of text recording, perhaps with the help of a colleague, very intersting

Φωτογραφία Ευαγγελία Γκαντίδου Σχολικός Σύμβουλος Καβάλας ΠΕ06
Απάντηση: Αναστασία Εσιρπέογλου
από Ευαγγελία Γκαντίδου Σχολικός Σύμβουλος Καβάλας ΠΕ06 - Κυριακή, 17 Ιανουάριος 2016, 4:52 μμ

Thank you Anastasia